In this post, I would like to thank TheWorldIsNotAgainstMe and The Passionate Dreamer for nominating me to the Sunshine Blogger Award. As you both gave me a set of questions, I will answer both successively 🙂 I hope you enjoy reading!
- Thank the person who nominated you in the blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Questions from TheWorldIsNotAgainstMe
I feel like this is a very difficult question to answer, but I guess the one song I always find myself going back to is probably When, by Elysian Fields.
2. Most embarrassing moment?
Hum… I’ve had quite a few, but one day last month I was in class and had to make voices (it was a voice class…) and no sound came out. I was just standing there with everyone staring at me. I felt so very dumb… (a word quite on point too haha).
3. Celebrity crush?
Why are all these questions sooooo hard? Ok, so my male celebrity crush is definitely Reeve Carney, because he must be the most beautiful (yes, beautiful and not attractive or handsome) man I have ever seen. His face is pretty much perfect ^^. My female celebrity crush would be… perhaps Lily Collins. She’s so very cute and I love her Instagram account. It’s always creative and thoughtful!
4. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
If I could change one thing, I think I would make it a kinder place. I truly believe that if people were simply kind to one another instead of constantly judging, criticizing and competing, the world would be a much better place. I know it’s a little cliché and naive, but I stand by my choice.
5. If you could spend a day as someone else, whom would you chose(and why)?
Not sure… But I guess I’d like to be a person in a different country, like India, Japan or Ethiopia so I could see how they view the world from an intellectual, cultural, relational, social… point of view so I could broaden my horizons.
6. Do you believe in aliens? Why?
It seems strange to me that we should be alone in the universe, but then it’s hard to know. I do believe in fairies and sprites though!
7. The happiest moment in your life?
Strangely, I would say it was the day when my best friend took me to the sea in the middle of a snow storm. I was having a very hard time and to be near the sea on that very moment lifted the veil of my sorrow. I could have stayed there for hours.
8. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your lives, which movie would you pick?
Bright Star. No hesitation. John Keats is my favourite poet and the film is so aesthetically beautiful that I don’t think I could ever get tired of it.
9. Current obsession?
The little cat ears my little brother bought for me. I’m wearing them all the time when I am home haha ^^
10. One fact about you which others may find surprising?
I think the lyrics to Justin Bieber’s songs Love Yourself and Sorry are actually quite deep 😀
11. Why did you start blogging?
My best friend told me it would be a good idea for me to start blogging and I am glad I listened to her, because the community is awesome and it helps me be more consistent with writing and painting.
Questions from The Passionate Dreamer:
Being a writer and painter, and I mean someone who can actually earn a living doing so. It’s been my dream ever since I was a little girl so… maybe one day?
2. What would you do if you accidently come across your ex?
I only have two and I see them all the time. They’re my friends, so I guess just be friendly?
3. What does your name mean?
My first name is Laure-Hélène, which means “laurel tree” and “sunshine.” Quite flattering I guess 🙂
4. What makes you happy the most?
To see the people I love thrive and be happy in their lives.
5. If you were 100% sure that you won’t fail, what would you do?
I would stop working and become a full time artist and writer. For sure.
6. If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what would it be?
25. You are still young and full of energy, but you are more mature than you were when you were younger, both physically and mentally and you still have room for improvement too!
7. Do you have any regrets in life? If yes, what?
Not really. Everything happens for a reason and there’s no time for regrets. They only make you bitter.
8. What is your zodiac sign?
Aquarius and lovin’ it ^^
9. What kind of people irritates you the most?
People who assume they are better than everybody else and despise others. And hypocrites. I like honesty and modesty, even though saying that may make me sound conceited…. I hope it doesn’t.
10. Do you believe in luck?
I do. Sometimes, things happen without any logical explanation… You just get lucky.
11.Which celebrity do you admire the most and why?
I don’t know… Probably Toni Morrison. Her novels and works in general are very insightful, beautiful and spread essential messages around the world. She’s the bomb!
Now come my nominations!! (It’s hard, because I don’t know very many people here…)
• Siobhan Tebbs
• The Passionate Dreamer
• Basant She
• Nicholas Conley
• Only in Dreams
… And the questions!
- What are your zodiac and chinese zodiac signs?
- What is the aim of your blog?
- If you could be a magical creature, which one would you be?
- What is your favourite book or who is your favourite writer?
- Do you believe in love?
- What is your favourite flower?
- If you could visit any country, which one would it be?
- Hot cocoa, tea or coffee?
- Would you prefer to live by the sea or in the mountains?
- What is your chocolate of choice?
- How would you define art?
Don’t forget to comment with a link to your post if you choose to answer! I’d be really happy to see what you replied!
Love to all,